Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Unashamed

It's kind of wierd typing into cyber-space. I wonder if anyone will actually read this.



Here is my thought for the day...



Recently we have started singing a new song during our English worship service. For some reason I can't get it out of my head. It's called Unashamed and it was originally by a band called Starfield. Here is the words of the chorus...



And I know I'm weak
I know I'm unworthy
To call upon Your name
But because of grace
Because of Your mercy
I stand here unashamed.



I like it for a couple of reasons, mainly because it's the story of my life. I know that I am weak...even though sometimes I pretend like I am strong and able to guide myself through this maze called life. Ultimately, it is in God's strength that I am able to live. I know I'm unworthy...even though so often I think I have done something to make my self worthy of salvation. It's a little bit of selfishness mixed with pride that causes me to think that I deserve all that God has given me. Yet, despite my inadequacies, God accepts me for who I am. Because of grace and mercy I am able to stand before God unashamed. My sin has been wiped away, no more guilt, no more shame. What an incredible thought, even though I am but a man, God allows me to approach him and I have the privilage of worshiping him!





Also....Because I know everyone loves pictures. Here is our worship team practicing before church a few weeks ago. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No sweat, Bryan, I read it, and it is understandable and interesting.