Friday, November 7, 2008

Choir Concert

On Wednesday night Daniel, Veronica and I went to watch Jae's choir concert at Cresent Valley High school. Jae is a Sophmore in our youth group and moved here this past summer from Korea. I think he has been to every single youth group even since he moved here. I don't think he has missed a Sunday morning, Wednesday night, Friday night, or retreat. That's pretty incredible when you think about it. The concert was pretty fun, OSU's choir was there and sung a couple of songs which was pretty amazing.

I am always amazed at how many songs they sing that talk about God. Its interesting to me because it seems like in today's society people are so eager to take God out of the class room. People have tried to remove the "under God" phrase from the Pledge of Allegiance and teachers can rarely speak of God in the class room. Yet, the choir can sing over half of their songs about Jesus, God, and Heaven. It is really cool, but kind of strange.

To take it even further, I wonder if people realize what they are singing out or if the people listening are really listening. Songs are sung about the blood of Christ, about salvation, and the hope of eternity. I'll be careful not to judge people's hearts, but I wonder if every member of that choir really thinks Jesus died for them, conquered death, and has gave them eternal life.

Anyways, just a thought I had.

In the end, Jae sang great...or his choir did, its kind of hard to hear just his voice.

No comments: