Monday, November 24, 2008

Fear of Stairs

This story has nothing to do with the English ministry at CKC, but it is kinda funny...

Charissa's parents have a dog that recently had puppies, twelve of them to be exact. On Saturday Charissa and I stopped by thier house to check up on them. We bought along our dog, Macie, to see the puppies. Macie is a funny dog because she is desperately scared of stairs. Charissa's parent's house is a two story house, so Macie was forced to face her fear of stairs. She did a terrible job. After calling for her to come up the stairs, she refused. I ran up and down the stairs to prove to her it was safe...but nothing happened. So, I walked down the stairs, picked her up and carried her half way up. I then set her down on the stairs hoping that she would just run the rest of the way up. It seemed like a great plan at the time but turned out to be terrible. She just froze. I probably could have left her there for hours and she would never of moved. However, I knew that if she could take a few steps she would conquer her fear. So I took her foot in my hand and attempted to move it up one step. She wasn't going for it. I gave up and picked her up and carried her the rest of the way up the stairs. When I made it to the top I realized my pants were wet. Macie had peed all over me. I wish I had a picture to show you. I guess she got so scared she couldn't do anything but pee on me. So the moral of the story...when your dog is scared of stairs, don't force them to climb, they may just pee all over you.

No comments: