Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Thank You

You ever look back over your life and see God at work?

I wanted to take a moment and just mention three people who I am absolutely convinced God placed in the right place at the right time.

The first is Chris who is actually in Wisconsin right now at college. But about two and a half years ago he moved to Corvallis, Oregon from Korea. Coincidentally, he moved to Corvallis just two weeks after I started working atCorvallis Korean Church. He lived with host families for two years while finishing up high school. Last spring his mom came over from Korea to be a part of his graduation. She pulled me aside and mentioned that she was thankful for me and being a part of Chris' life...I immediately told her, it was just the opposite. I am the one that is thankful for him. You must understand, if it were not for him, the English ministry at Corvallis Korean Church would not be where it is today. He helped to start and lead our English worship team and was a constant encouragement to me. I thought I was being hired to encourage him...but he encouraged me. We miss him, but know he is doing great things on the other side of the country.

Secondly, Jane, who is currently at Baylor,but will be returning home this weekend, moved to Salem from Kansas just weeks after I was hired as well. Ironically, her family moved into a house just minutes from mine and Charissa's. Her family became active in everything that happened at Corvallis Korean Church. When I first met her I never would have guess that Charissa, Jane and I would spend countless hours driving back and forth from Corvallis to Salem. She too was a constant encouragement. There were Friday nights when we first began Oneighty that I would be worried that no one would show up..but I could always count on her and Stephen (her little brother) to be there. She was also a part of our original English worship team and is a big reason for why we are where we are today.

Finally, a guy named Danny returned to Corvallis after spending some time in the Phillipines on a mission trip. Sometimes you don't realize how important people are until they are gone. Danny normally leads our worship time on Sunday mornings. He has taken over after Chris went to college and has been a great leader of both the worship team and others who come on Sundays. Last Sunday, he went to speak at a church in Portland which meant we were without him. Luckily, worship has nothing to do with who the leader is...so we were still able to worship God, but it just wasn't the same with out him leading. I'm thankful that he will be back this Sunday, but am sad that he will be going to China in the spring. I will miss his leadership, his love for God, and his ability to worship God.

Thus, I will say this....I am pretty sure that two and a half years ago when God told me to head to Corvallis and work in a Korean church, God also called Chris, Jane, and Danny to Corvallis because God knew that a new, young, inexperienced pastor would need their help.

So, in the spirit of thanksgiving, Thank You.

Is there someone in your life God has used to impact you? Why not let them know.

No comments: