Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back Home

Things are just about back to normal. I have been home for exactly a week and feel like I haven't slowed down. Macie still whines when I don't play with her, there never seems to be food in the cupboard, and gas prices seem to be rising.

Things are getting back to normal at church too! Last friday was our first Friday night youth group of the new year! It was fun to play games again, I think we took 5 weeks off if you count the two weeks of christmas skit practice.

We also had our first Arizona Mission Trip meeting on Sunday. It looks like we will be taking 10 students this summer to work with the Navajo Native Americans. I'm really excited and I think most of the students are too. It's different this year because about half of our students went last year so they kind of know what to expect. I'll keep you updated as we get closer to leaving. We have much planning and fundraising to do!

It was nice to meet with everyone at church on Sunday. Even though I only missed one week, I missed being able to worship with everyone.

Finally, tonight is our first "Man Club" of 2009. I feel like we haven't met together in forever! I am excited to hangout tonight, have our root beer floats, and study the Bible.

Anyways, its good to be home and get back in the swing of things.

No comments: