Friday, February 6, 2009

Florida pt.1

I made it to Florida!

I love flying on planes, mainly because every time I fly it seems to be an adventure. Yesterday was no different.

Charissa and I got up at four in the morning and we drove to Portland. My plane took off at 6:50. After checking in, Charissa and I had a small breakfast in the airport before I had to walk through security. The flight from Portland to L.A. was pretty uneventful. However, I will say I had very bad luck with seating. I was actually excited because I had been assigned a window seat on all three of my flights. But, on this first flight, an old man had sat in my seat. He didn't know how to read his ticket right. He was already sitting when I arrived so I told him to stay and I took his seat on the aisle. Then, on my second flight, I had a window seat, but there was actually no window. For some reason, there was just no window in our row. So, that was a little disappointing. If I worked really hard I could see out the window in the row ahead of me, but it just wasn't the same. Finally, my last flight, from Atlanta to Jacksonville, I sat next to the window but it was right on the wing of the plane and I couldn't actually see much. Oh well...

Anyways...I sat in LAX for about two and a half hours waiting for my flight to take off. I basically just sat, ate some McDonalds and read some of my book. The flight was fine, a little long, but a movie and my Itouch kept me occupied.

My plane landed in Atlanta at 7:30pm and my next flight left at 8:15pm. So, I was a little crunched for time, especially when I don't know my way around the airport. As soon as I got off the plane I found someone to tell me where I should be. Turns out...I was about as far away as I could get from my gate. So, I quickly walked across the terminal I was in and down some stairs on caught the tram that circles the whole airport. My gate was in Terminal "E" and I got off my previous plane in the main Terminal. Thus, I got on the tram that had to stop at terminal "A,B,C, and D" before we ever got to mine. Finally, I got of the tram and walked up the stairs. As soon as I got up the stairs I heard an announcement over the intercom..."This is the final boarding call for Delta flight 332 heading for Jacksonville, Florida at gate E3." THAT WAS MY PLANE! I basically took off running. However, I was at gate E28 and I had to go clear to the other end of the terminal to get to my gate. So, out of breath,I made it to the gate and walked right on the plane, found my seat and we took off. It all happened so fast that I didn't really have time to be nervous, but I was pretty scared for a few moments.

After landing in Jacksonville I found my luggage and hooked up with my rental car and made it to my hotel. It was pretty cold last night! I thought Florida was suppose to be warm.

This morning, I slept in...mainly because my body has not adjusted to the new time zone. When I woke up I opened up the window and it is incredible outside. It is a little cold out, I had to wear a coat but it is still really nice.

Around lunch time I down to the church wear the conference is at and registered. There isn't any thing happening until 7:00pm tonight. So after registering I walked around the HUGE church for a little while and now have made my way back to my hotel.

So, I'm excited to get this thing started. Oh, and so far I have driven the wrong way on a one way street and spilled my coke on my shirt but I'm still excited to be here!

I'll keep you all updated on the rest of my trip...so check back soon.

1 comment:

Kyle and Kari said...

Please do keep us updated. I'll read it. Have fun!